We are looking for the right person to grow with us! Pinpoint Laser Systems is in need of a full time person to assume responsibility for accounting functions and assist in our day to day operation. The ideal candidate should enjoy taking on a wide range of tasks, including team projects with marketing and manufacturing in a small business environment.
- Minimum of 5 years’ experience in Accounting.
- Inventory, purchasing, manufacturing and shipping experience.
- Knowledge of general business and departmental operations.
- Experience with accounting software, especially Sage/Peachtree as well as Microsoft Office.
- Knowledge of payroll processing, insurance, employee benefits, claims, and liability.
- Any combination of education and experience equivalent to a B.A. or B.S. degree in Accounting.
Duties include but are not limited to:
- Accounting: AR, AP, GL, Bookkeeping and related functions.
- Assist manufacturing department in purchasing, order administration and inventory management.
- Process and prepare shipments to customers.
- Monitor credit approvals, purchases, and expenses of the company.
- Staffing and HR admin, Payroll administration and oversee employee benefits.
- Manage company insurances, including business, health and specialty coverages.
- Monitor and analyze financial data of operations, in order to assist in maintaining an efficient operation.
- Sales support, ensure accuracy of data in ACT and enter invoice information.
- Reconcile on a yearly basis all general ledger accounts including all bank accounts for tax purposes.
- Principal contact with external auditors and banks.
- Oversee contracts and legal agreements, and maintain all licenses, permits, insurance, and contracts.
- Oversee computer operations and liaise with external IT support firm.
- Assist in day to day operations and provide administrative support to General Manager
- Answer inbound phone calls with a professional and courteous telephone manner.
- Document preparation, creation of reports, and data entry.
- Special projects including prospect/vendor communication and follow up, and computer file maintenance.
Qualities we are looking for in a candidate:
- Enthusiastic and solution-oriented attitude
- Strong time management skills; able to prioritize and accomplish a variety of tasks with little supervision
- Initiative; ability to anticipate needs and adapt to situations as they arise
- Flexibility with workload; able to multitask and switch gears when needed without becoming overwhelmed
- Ability to work and communicate effectively within a team setting.
- Good oral and written communication skills with accuracy and detail
Pinpoint Laser Systems is an established manufacturer of laser based, high precision, industrial alignment and measuring products that are used throughout industry for improving manufacturing efficiency. Our family of customers include: manufacturing companies, paper and steel mills, aircraft manufacturers, shipbuilders, medical equipment producers, machine shops, electronic component manufacturers, plastic and film producers, and many others.
Pinpoint was founded in 1992 and continues to steadily grow, expanding its offering of products for existing customers and new markets. The company has a strong team environment with skilled and considerate employees that enjoy a healthy balance between their hard work and successes and their general lifestyles. Pinpoint employees receive paid vacation, sick time and personal time, a flexible work environment and a place where their contributions and creativity are rewarded.
Please send us your resume and a cover letter for this unique position.