Free Alignment Report
No pressure. No obligation. Just good information.
Our alignment specialists will review your project and provide a free, customized recommendation.
Ideas to consider when selecting a precision measuring and alignment system
Customers have asked us about the follow items and these may be helpful for you as you investigate the suitability of a laser measuring and alignment system for your application.
- Measurement resolution or sensitivity needed:
- Measurement accuracy needed:
- Measurement units you would like to use: inches, millimeters, degrees, arc seconds?
- Measurement distance, highest to lowest reading:
- Measurement area, how big is your machine? Length? Width? Height?
- Measurement output; numerical display, graphical, spreadsheet, computer?
- Describe alignment or measurement to be made:
- Number of axes for the measurement; X, Y, Z, and/or Pitch, Yaw, Roll? Other?
- How is the alignment or measurement currently made?
- Tell us about the measurement environment; indoors / outdoors, high heat or cold, vibration, other?
- Is the machinery or application easy to access? Ground level, ladders, confined spaces, dangerous spaces, obstructions?
- How is measurement or alignment data to be collected? Computer, data acquisition system, closed-loop control?
- How fast do you need data? Readings per second, minute, hour?
- How can equipment be mounted or supported in your application? Mounts and fixtures, tripods, flat machine surfaces?
- Is leveling or adjusting to gravity important?
- Are precision levels and measuring devices currently used in your application?
- Is battery power okay? Availability of AC power: 120/240 VAC?
- Do you use specific procedures & methods for your measurements and alignments?
- Is a portable measuring or alignment system important to you?
- How many different people might be using a measurement or alignment system?
- Does your measurement or alignment team have experience with lasers?
- Does your measurement and alignment application include shafts and gearboxes?
- Does your measurement and alignment application include long linear travel?
- Does your measurement and alignment application include bores and collars?
- Does your measurement and alignment application include flat structures?
- Does your measurement and alignment application include parallel in square structures?
Fill out the below questionnaire to get in contact with an Application Engineer
This questionnaire is designed to help you find solutions to your alignment and measuring needs.
You will be sent an email with recommendations on the alignment techniques that may best fit your needs.
News & Information from the Trusted Laser Alignment Experts
Talk to our alignment specialists