Laser Alignment for Shipbuilding
Laser alignment and measurement solutions for ship sections, guidance systems, propulsion and propeller shafts, on board systems, and more.
Pinpoint Laser Alignment systems are used extensively in the shipbuilding and ship repair industry. From aligning propeller shafts to engine mounts and reduction gearboxes, the precision, versatility and compact size of Pinpoint Laser Systems are ideal for servicing a wide array of specialty onboard applications.
Laser Alignment Shipbuilding Applications
- Alignment of engine mounts & reduction gearboxes
- Placement & alignment of engine drive shafts & support bearings
- Alignment of stern tubes, struts & cutlass bearings
- Location of jet-drive assemblies
- Alignment of catapult & launching equipment
- Checking steel plates & weldments during ship assembly
- Locating & alignment of Z drive tug propulsion systems
- Aligning radar and onboard guidance systems
- Propulsion & propeller shaft alignment
- Engine mount & gearbox alignment
- Checking bore alignment
- Align shipboard systems
- Alignment of ship sections
Shipbuilding Laser Alignment Customers
- Bath Iron Works
- General Dynamics – Electric Boat
- Gladding Hearn Shipbuilding
- Industrial Marine
- Marine Business Inc.
- Newport News Shipbuilding
- Northrup Grumman Marine Systems
- S2 Yachts
- Thai Royal Navy
- Trident Refit Facility
- U.S. Coast Guard
- U.S. Navy
What our customers say
I just wanted to let you know that our shipyard team has done the alignment check. Everything went well. The gun mount was well within its alignment requirement. We are even considering how we might use the laser to do other system alignment checks. Thanks for your support of our efforts on this!
John Hinsverk — BAE Systems
Find your solution here
Not sure which laser alignment product is right for your job? Get expert advice fom our engineers, contact us today.