Come be part of the Team!
Pinpoint Laser Systems has an immediate opening for a detail oriented professional Solutions Design Engineer with strong mechanical assembly skills and a technically oriented background. We are looking for a candidate who will help strengthen our new product development and custom design projects while applying superior technical skills in a dynamic sales team environment.
The ideal candidate should have solid experience with mechanical assembly techniques, manufacturing documentation and mechanical drawings along with the desire to provide solutions to customers in pre and post-sales support situations. Computer experience in Word, Excel, Microsoft Project and SolidWorks are desirable. Basic machine shop skills for use of lathes and milling machines for prototyping are needed.
Required Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
- Minimum of 7-10 years of hands on experience in a growing manufacturing operation
- Must be proficient with SolidWorks
- Ability to independently resolve engineering problems
- Innovative & creative participation in new product development & design
- Interest in working with sales team and customers on solutions and designs
- Experience with document and design control
- Light machining – ability to operate lathe, milling machine and 3D printer for prototypes
- Strong mechanical aptitude; experience with product assembly, BOMs & ECOs
- Ability to advise on manufacturing fixtures, tools and equipment needs
- Experience with electronics and optics a plus
Pinpoint Laser Systems, is an established manufacturer of laser based, high precision, industrial alignment and measuring products that are in use throughout many industries for improving overall efficiency. Our line of innovative products is constantly expanding, and new products are always on the horizon. Our family of customers includes aircraft manufacturers, medical equipment producers, plastic and film producers, machine shops, shipbuilders, paper and steel mills, electronic component manufacturers, and many others. For more information on Pinpoint, please visit our website; www.pinpointlaser.com
Advantages and Benefits
- Competitive salary
- Medical & Dental benefits, pre-tax employee contributions
- 2 weeks paid vacation accrual in year one
- A strong team environment with skilled and considerate employees that enjoy a healthy work life balance
- Interesting customers and innovative technology
- A flexible work environment where contributions and creativity are encouraged and rewarded
- Training and education opportunities
- A convenient location with free parking and a low-stress commute
Pinpoint Laser Systems is an equal opportunity employer. Qualified applicants will be considered without regard to age, race, creed, color, national origin, ancestry, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, disability, nationality, sex, religion, or veteran status.